It looks like you're using an out-dated browser.
We no longer support Internet Explorer.

For a safer, faster and better experience on the web, please update to a modern browser and try again.

Microsoft Edge Google Chrome Firefox
View all wines
Reserve red
Villa Maria RES Marlborough Pinot Noir NV


Marlborough Pinot Noir

This stunning Pinot Noir is a blend of fruit parcels from our premium Marlborough vineyards. Deep red hues lead to a captivating bouquet of red and dark cherries, plums and subtle spicy clove notes on the nose.

Tasting Notes

Our Marlborough Reserve Pinot Noir showcases bright floral aromas as well as fresh cherries. On the palate is an inviting mixture of dark chocolate and juicy summer berries with hints of freshly crushed thyme. This complex wine shows both purity and richness with soft velvety tannins and toasty oak influence which completes the wine.

Download full tasting notes: 2020

Vineyards and Winemaking

In 2020, Pinot Noir fruit was sourced from two key vineyard sites with deep clay based soils in the Southern valleys sub region within the Wairau valley contributing 72% of the blend. The remaining 28% came from the cooler Awatere Valley, both with free draining windblown silt loess soils on opposite sides of the Awatere River.

Soils And Viticulture

A near-perfect growing season led up to 2020 harvest with fruit in pristine condition. The summer was dry with high sunshine hours during the day and the cooler nights that are typical for Marlborough. Yields were at their optimum level and the stable autumn weather allowed us to extend the hangtime of the fruit on the vines to achieve physiological ripeness.

An energetic and aromatically generous wine that delivers layers of cherries, berries, red florals and white pepper in a refined style that has silky ripe tannins and a seamless structure. No.3 Pinot Noir tasting #195

Cuisine Magazine


our wines

You may also like

Shop all wines

To enter our site you must be of legal drinking age in your country.

Please enter your date of birth:

Awatere Valley