This fresh and vibrant green salad is the perfect side dish to accompany the bright and zesty flavours found in a chilled glass of our Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. With simple ingredients, it’s an easy crowd pleaser that pairs well with roasted or grilled meats and fish.
- 2 bundles of British asparagus (if not in season use an alternative like green beans)
- 2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 100g rocket, washed
- 150g vegetarian goat’s cheese
- 75g pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- Trim the asparagus as necessary. Place on a baking sheet or in a bowl and toss with the 2 tbsp oil, making sure all the asparagus is coated. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Put the asparagus on the grill rack of the barbecue and cook for approximately two minutes each side, until lightly charred. Remove from the barbecue and set aside.
- For the dressing, mix all of the ingredients and whisk well. Season to taste.
- Divide the rocket between four plates. Top with the barbecued asparagus, crumble over the goat’s cheese, sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and drizzle over the dressing.
- Serve immediately