Rich, cheesy, oh-so-delicious, this Creamy Chicken Tagliatelle with fried sage and walnuts is the ultimate comfort dish. It’s an ideal match to our Private Bin Chardonnay with its touch of buttery oak and vibrant notes of stone fruits, citrus, and fig.
2 chicken breasts, diced
400g fresh tagliatelle
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon mustard powder
2 tablespoons of cream cheese
1/3 cup of parmesan style cheese, grated
1 glass of Chardonnay
1 handful of kale, chopped
Zest of one lemon
50g walnuts, chopped
10 fried sage leaves
Olive oil for cooking
- First get a deep saucepan of water on to the heat ready to cook the fresh tagliatelle. Whilst that is coming to a rolling boil take a large non-stick frying pan and heat it to a medium to high heat.
- Add a good glug of the oil to the frying pan and then start to gently fry the diced chicken. Once it has caramelised on all sides, sprinkle with the onion and mustard powder, lemon zest and then the glass of white wine. Stir and allow to reduce by half.
- Lower the heat, and add the cream cheese, cream, and grated cheese. Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper, as well as the chopped parsley. Cook gently for a few minutes, until the cheese melts to create a smooth, glossy sauce.
- Place the fresh pasta into the boiling water and until al dente. Drain through a colander and add to the cream sauce along with chopped kale.
- Stir the ingredients so everything is evenly coated in the rich creamy sauce then serve in to 4 large bowls.
- To finish sprinkle with the chopped walnuts and fried sage leaves.
To fry the sage crisps, heat olive oil in a small frying pan on a low heat. Pop the sage leaves in, no more ten at a time, and then allow them to fry gently until crisp. Drain them on paper towel once finished and sprinkle with little sea salt.