Bursting with fresh flavours, this Chimichurri sauce will take your next steak dinner to the next level. And there’s nothing better to bring out the herbaceous and spicy characteristics of the sauce than our rich and balanced Private Bin Cabernet Merlot Malbec.
½ Head of garlic
1 cup fresh parsley
1 tsp ground chilli
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp black pepper
3 cups of olive oil
½ red wine vinegar
1 large steak such as flank, flat iron or skirt
- Take steak out of the fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- 2. Make the chimichurri sauce: Place all ingredients into a pestle and mortar and pound to a course paste. (Can be pulsed lightly in a small blender).
- Heat BBQ or heavy based skillet with 1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil over high heat until smoking.
- 4. Season both sides of the steak with salt & pepper, place on the grill and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the steaks over and continue to grill 3 to 5 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 - 10 minutes.
- 6. Thinly slice the steak against the grain, drizzle with Chimichurri sauce and serve.
Chefs tip: Chimichurri can be kept in the fridge in an airtight jar for a week.