We are leading the way on mitigating our impact on the climate and for over 10 years have been reducing our carbon emissions from things such as waste and energy. We are also taking action to make sure our vineyards and winemaking can adapt to changes in weather patterns.
- We have reduced our carbon emissions by 39% per bottle of wine in the last 10 years. Toitu Envirocare audits our progress against international standards to give you confidence we do what we say we do.
- Our warehouse forklifts have been electric since 2011, we are aiming for our energy sources to be 100% renewable by 2035.
- Our biggest waste streams are recycled or returned to the soil to nourish it. We have a goal of zero waste to landfill by 2025.
What we're doing
- We reduced the weight of our bottles by 16% to decrease carbon emissions from their manufacture and during transport.
- We are becoming more resilient to climate change by reducing our reliance on water or storing water in times of plenty. Grapevines require less water than other forms of horticulture, however, our vineyard managers are encouraging vines to develop deep roots and building the organic matter in the soil.