The next stage of the journey…
At Villa Maria, we recognise the increased pressures on New Zealand’s natural resources and the need for us to play a role in reducing environmental impact.
In October 2018 Villa Maria’s Board approved the following sustainability goals for our business:
- We believe organic viticulture promotes healthy soil and vines, therefore we want to continue our organic journey so that all of our vineyards are organic by 2030. We will also encourage and assist our contract grape growers to adopt organic practices.
- Achieve zero waste to landfill from Villa Maria operations by 2025.
- Continue researching opportunities to reduce water use, and develop a better understanding of efficiency opportunities in 2019.
- We will continue to improve our energy efficiency and aim to move to solely renewable energy by 2035.
- We started measuring and reducing carbon emissions in 2009 and by 2025 we aim to have reduced them by over a half per bottle of wine.
We are committed to achieving these goals and look forward to keeping you up to date on our progress.